This year, Russia will host the 2017 World Festival of Youth and Students. On 14-22 October, young people from all around the world will come to Sochi to participate in this great event, the biggest gathering of anti-imperialist youth in the world. Ages are 18 to 35 years
The World Festival of Youth and Students has been active since 1947. In 1957 and 1985, the Festival was held in Moscow. The 1957 Festival in Moscow was the biggest event in its history uniting 34,000 delegates from 131 countries. In 2017, we expect around 30,000 from 150 countries to attend the event!
About every four years, thousands of youth from every continent come together here to participate in seminars, conferences, and debates addressing a broad variety of struggle against imperialist. Titles of some of the discussions include:
-Imperialist military and economic interventions claiming to restore human rights in the name of freedom
-Capitalist exploitation of resources and the destruction of the environment
-Attacks against the rights of people, unemployment, and the instability of the lives of young people under the capitalist crisis
-The refugee crisis resulting from imperialist aggression
-The student movement in the fight for free, public, and quality education
It will also be a chance to join youth from Cuba in defending their socialist revolution. See Cuba’s article : http://en.granma.cu/cuba/2017-05-31/cuba-joins-organizing-committee-for-world-festival-of-youth
The festival will celebrate the centenary of:
- The 1917 October Revolution in Russia led by Vladimir Lenin and the Bolsheviks, providing an opportunity to discuss the significance of that revolution.
- Ernesto Che Guevara, Cuban revolutionary leader on the 50th anniversary of his death in combat in Bolivia
- Recently-deceased, Mohamed Abdelaziz, who devoted his life to the struggle against colonialism and for the independence of Western Sahara
- Fidel Castro, historic leader of the Cuban revolution and organizer of innumerable internationalist missions, including aid to Angola’s fight for independence and Cuba’s campaign to care for 25,000 people affected by the Chernobyl nuclear explosion.
You will experience:
- Visa-free entry for foreign participants
- A unique educational and discussion program with the participation of world-class professionals
- Real applied skills in master classes and creative workshops
- Complexity of Russian culture: ballet, ice show, a film festival, jazz festival, circus program
- Life-style program: street dances, healthy lifestyle, jogging, hitting a qualifying standards of the “Ready to Work and Defense”, extreme park, musical subcultures
- Acquaintance with like-minded people and colleagues from 150 countries
- Participation in a grand international youth event
- Meals included
- Hotel accommodation included
- Access to all the educational, cultural and sports fields
All at the cost of $50 US–yes, this includes housing, food, and all conference activities (Airfare is not included)
How to take part?
Simply shoot an email to email@example.com and we can send mass applications out together, which will result in a higher chance of your application being accepted since it will be with a organization, rather applying individually on the festival website. All applications are sent to the National Preparatory Committee of your country.
More info on the Festival: http://russia2017.com/